Opps, you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer and left them in the washer overnight. So what should you do? Give them the old smell test and if they smell ok, dry them as you normally would.
If your washer will not turn on, or your washer will not spin or drain, it might be due to a faulty or missing lid switch actuator. This washer part sits inside the washer’s lid and comes into contact with the lid switch inside your washer.
When the door lid is shut, the lid switch actuator is inserted into the lid switch which causes the Continue reading
Fans of a popular TV show were outraged when a fire caused by a slow cooker caused the death of a beloved character. So what are the chances your modern slow cooker could cause a fire as well? It’s very slim, according to an article on Popular Science. https://www.popsci.com/small-appliance-fire-safety-crock-pot#page-2
Thanks to a device that many modern appliances have called a thermal protector (also known as a thermal cutoff) your appliance will shut off before reaching a high temperature that could spark a fire.
The thermal protector acts as a Continue reading
If your refrigerator is warm or sweating, or you notice sagging or cracks on the refrigerator’s seal surrounding the door, or your door no longer closes tightly, then you may need to replace the door seal or gasket on the refrigerator. Here’s how to replace this part.
- Depending on your refrigerator’s model and which door gasket you are replacing, you may need to complete remove the door from the fridge. This could involve removing the hinges, the harness hook ups to in-door water dispenser, and possibly the water line going to the in-door water dispenser.
- Open the refrigerator door and or lay it flat on the floor to inspect the seal, also called a gasket, to see how it is attached to the door. Some door gaskets snap into place, others are held in place by a series of tiny screws surrounding the door. If you see any screws, you will need to remove them before removing the seal from around the door.
- Soak your new gasket in warm water or possibly lay it out in the sun to remove any wrinkles and ease any compression the gasket may have experienced due to packaging or shipping. Lay your new gasket over the old gasket to make sure it is about the same size.
- Remove the old gasket by cutting it using a steel wire cutter wire. Be careful not to cut the door liner. Once your first cut is made, pull on the old gasket to remove it from the door frame. Cut the gasket entirely and pull it off the door frame.
- Install the new replacement refrigerator door gasket using your fingers to press the gasket into place along the refrigerator door frame.
- Replace any screws holding the gasket into place.
Repairing a Refrigerator Door Gasket So That It Has a Tight Seal
If you have flipped the door on your refrigerator and have notice that there is no longer a tight seal on your refrigerator door when you close it, here is how to fix this problem.
The easiest and fastest fix is to Continue reading
A dryer that shuts off before its cycle is over is a frustrating problem. Here’s what to check in order to solve why a dryer is not completing its cycle.
Tripped or Bad Breaker
A dryer that shuts off mid cycle might be due to a bad or weak breaker. Find the breaker box and flip the breaker in order to reset it. If the dryer controls are now on, then the breaker might be bad and will need to be replaced.
Dirty or clogged venting could be the reason why the dryer is not finishing its cycle. The dryer could be overheating due to air flow restriction, causing Continue reading
If your Samsung HE washer, Kenmore, Whirlpool, or other brand of washer, displays a “Sud” error or “Sd” fault code, it means that there are too many suds in your washer than the machine can handle through its normal washing cycle. Here’s what could be causing this problem and how to fix it.
Too much Detergent or Wrong Type of Detergent
Some washers will detect the excess suds and will automatically add additional pauses and rinse times in order to break up the suds. The pauses will allow the Continue reading