If your gas burner is not lighting, then it might be due to a defective top burner ignitor. This gas oven part creates the spark to light the surface burner.
- In order to replace this part, first remove the grate, burner cap and the burner to expose the igniter.
- Using a putty knife, pry the igniter up and the pull it through the range.
- Using pliers, disconnect the wiring from the old igniter.
- Purchase a new gas range top burner ignitor from EveryAppliancePart.com using the model number located on the gas range.
- Connect the wiring to the new ignitor by plugging the wiring into the bottom of the ignitor. Slide the ignitor back into the top of the range.
- Replace the burner, burner top and grate.
Find more gas range parts at EveryAppliancePart.com.