- Toss a dry towel in with your wet dryer load. It will shorten your load’s drying time.
- Pay attention to the buzzer. As soon as your dryer’s buzzer sounds, put your next load in to maximize any heat already produced in your dryer from the last load.
- Hang up or fold warm laundry to avoid wrinkles.
- Install a rack near your dryer to hang up any items that wrinkle easy. A shower tension rod or an old ladder suspended from the ceiling work well.
- Dingy whites? Hang items on a line outside in bright sunshine to dry and whiten them.
- Use a basket or bin system for each family member who can come and get their clean laundry themselves. They can also use the basket to transport their dirty laundry to the laundry room.
- Stinky gym clothes? If it’s a synthetic blend, try rinsing them out with cold water after wearing and launder immediately. You can also try freezing the offending item to see if it destroys the odor.