Hello to all my readers out there! Sorry there was no post on Wednesday, I got so busy at work I forgot to post. 😦 But no worries I am back for recipe Friday and you will not be disappointed. I am happy to say that there has not been snow here in a week, Woo-hoo! There have however been buckets of rain every single day. That is okay with me because as the poem goes “April showers bring May flowers!” And who doesn’t love flowers? When it rains outside and it is gloomy all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with a warm blanket, and a bowl of hearty soup. My favorite soup is baked potato soup; it is defiantly my comfort food for a rainy day. So on these rainy dreary days why not try my recipe for baked potato soup!?
What you will need:
- 6 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 6 Cups of red potatoes, Cubed ( you may peel them if you like, I prefer to keep the skin on)
- ½ tsp. Seasoning Salt
- ¼ tsp. White Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Ground Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp. Minced garlic
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 6-7 Slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional for topping)
- Scallions (optional for topping)
- Combine chicken broth, potatoes, garlic, peppers, and salt into a large soup pot.
- Boil on a medium heat until the potatoes are tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- To make the soup thicker you will now need to mash up some of the potatoes to release the starch for a thickening agent.
- Add the cup of sour cream and cream cheese
- Make sure you reduce to a LOW HEAT
- You will now need to stir this very frequently until the cream cheese is fully melted, and the sour cream is stirred in well.
- Add the slices of bacon after everything is stirred in. Be sure to leave some slices for garnish.
- Serve soup into bowl and top with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, and scallions.
Now that you have your soup, pick out your favorite movie and cuddle up on the couch to enjoy your rainy day! If you need any parts for your stove to make this soup be sure to check out everyappliancepart.com to find just want you need! Come back on Monday to read about the part of the week, happy reading!
Tagged: appliance part, Appliance Parts, Appliance Parts and News, appliances, bacon, baked potato, baked potato soup, DIY, fix, food, Oven, parts, recipe, soup, stove, Stove and Range Repair and Parts, tasty