Happy Friday to all my readers out there! This week seemed a bit long to me, so tonight for dinner I want to make something easy. As you may or may not know, I have a slight addiction to Pinterest. This is where I find the best DIY things, and the best recipes that I love trying. My boyfriend is a picky eater so it is great to find such a wide variety of recipes on Pinterest, sometimes I go a little pin crazy though. Tonight for dinner I am going to try out the Dorito Chicken Casserole recipe! I have made a casserole similar to this before but I made it with 90% fat free ground beef, and everyone that came to dinner LOVED it! I had no left overs and people were asking me for the recipe! So I decided to give this casserole a try because I love chicken, and I have a weakness for Doritos.
What you will need for this dinner:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (10oz.) can Cream of Chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (drained)
- ½ packet of taco seasoning
- 1 large bag of Doritos (original flavor)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Diced Tomato (optional)
Cooking Instructions for the Casserole:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Cook the chicken however you prefer- I am going to use a skillet and cook it that way, this recipe would be great with any left-over chicken as well!
- In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Ro-tel tomatoes, and taco seasoning. MIX WELL.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish- I am using a 9×13 baking pan. Add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom. Top the crushed Doritos with a layer of the chicken mixture. Add another layer of crushed Doritos on top of the mixture, and add the remaining cup of cheese. Add more cheese or Doritos if you want- go crazy it’s the weekend!
- Cover the dish at place it into the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until bubbling. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, or whatever you want! Enjoy!
I hope you and your family enjoys this dish! I will be posting pictures on Monday of each step and the result of my casserole for dinner! Happy St. Patties Day everyone, have a great and safe day! Come back on Monday for more appliance parts information and tips!