Happy Friday to all my readers! It’s time for the weekend, and it is time to relax and have fun! Don’t have any plans for the weekend? Well how about cooking a great meal for you and your family! (Or just you, if you do not want to share ha-ha!) I absolutely love cooking, it is one of my favorite things that’s why I do not mind making dinner every night, and I adore baking. I love cooking for others and seeing the joy on their face when they eat the food, and how satisfied they feel after. Cooking also relives a lot of stress for me. Why not try a brand new recipe this weekend?
Are you tired of just ordering ordinary pizza every weekend for you and your family? Why not have your family help you make a homemade pizza! It is a great activity for your family to do together and then enjoy what you just made! Below, there are two recipes; one that is more grown up, and one geared for the kids! Try out both and let me know what you think! I love both of these recipes and they are easy to make!
Remember to always check your oven and keep up with maintenance on it to keep your oven lasting a long time. The highest selling part we have here for ovens is the bake element, if your oven is not properly heating have a professional check it out; you may need a new bake element! We have a wide range of elements on our site with great prices! Check them out!
Roasted Garlic, Chicken and Herb White Pizza: This can be made without the chicken if you prefer!
This recipe serves: 6 (can always cut it in half for 3!)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb. Pizza dough- I use premade wheat dough from my local grocery store!
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 Cloves Roasted Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup half and half cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese – I use real parmesan not the powder!
- 1 ½ cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
Instructions on cooking and preparing the pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Grease your baking sheet and sprinkle with some cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, sauté roasted garlic for about a minute
- Add flour into the roasted garlic and mix well until it is all blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half, then mix in the pepper.
- Cook the mixture for about 3-4 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into the shape you need for your baking sheet, making it about ¼ in. thick.
- Spread the white sauce over the dough.
- Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 17-23 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted through.
- When fully cooked remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped herbs. Cut and serve immediately.
Found this recipe from http://dinnersdishesanddesserts.com/roasted-garlic-chicken-herb-white-pizza-sundaysupper/ but tweaked it a little for my own!
Now time for the kiddos to have a pizza that they will be excited to make and eat!
- Pizza dough- white or wheat, store bought
- Mozzarella cheese
- Kids Favorite toppings (pepperoni, sausage, etc.)
- Pizza sauce (store bought, or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the dough into four sections, to make personal pizzas for each child, or four separate pizzas.
- Have your kids roll out their dough into circles or any shape they want!
- Once the dough is rolled out, add sauce on top making sure you leave the edges free of sauce for the crust.
- Have the kids add the cheese on top of the sauce.
- Next let the kids have fun making faces, and shapes with the toppings of their choosing! This is where kids can have fun making smiley faces, stars, etc!
- Place the pizza on a greased baking sheet, and put into the oven
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on them- Take out once the crust is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Then let the kids enjoy the personal pizzas they just created!
- Remember to have fun J
Now you and your family can have a great night making pizza with each other that you all can enjoy. Have a great weekend and have some fun!